We look forward to working with you! In advance of your meeting, please utilize a few resources:
- The AAMC’s Careers in Medicine Medical Specialty Performance Inventory (MSPI). This is a series of multiple choice questions to gauge your interest in different aspects of medical practice.
- AAMC’s Residency Explorer – research programs in your specialty of interest and compare yourself to previously matched applicants at those programs.
- AAMC’s Careers in Medicine – Using data to gauge your competitiveness.
- NRMP’s annual report Charting Outcomes in the Match – Match data by specialty; evaluates applicant’s Step 1 and Step 2 scores, number of research, extracurriculars, volunteer experiences, and numbers of programs ranked (i.e. interviews received) for those who matched in the previous year
- AMA’s Specialty Guide – simplifying the specialty choice process, highlighting the wide variety of specialty options, and detailed training information.